LVEJO is seeking a
economic, and social
justice to become our
For more details,
Recent CPT Posts
- 31st Street Bus Will Begin Running September 2nd! – Si Se Puede, Si Se Quiere
- Little Village’s Route to Success!
- Internship: Community Organizer sought!
- Packed house at CTA’s second Budget Hearing
- Occupy Chicago, El Barrio And Public Transit
- Register for FTA Civil Rights Workshops Nov 15,16,17
- [+]31st ST BUS ROUTE
- Contact Us
- Log Out
- Lost Password
- [+]Photo Gallery
- Reset Password
- [+]Rider Reports
- We stand united with all Communities from Little Village to the Shawnee National Forest, to Kill Bill SB 1715 . Please stand with us!
- I call on you to stand for the communities that are demanding a Moratorium on Fracking!
- Kim Wasserman One of Six Grassroots Heroes to Win $150,000 Goldman Environmental Prize
- LVEJO’s successful grassroots organizing against the Fisk and Crawford coal plants resulted in their closure 2012.
- Our next campaign: Redeveloping land to create parks, open spaces, and urban agriculture for our communities
- “My name is Peter” Clean Air Campaign draws wide attention
CPT Member Log-in
Tag Archives: buses
CTA: give us the letter!
CTA needed to send a letter to FTA – the Federal Transit Administration – asking to protect funds for the 31st Street Bus Route. They needed to send it before Sept 30, 2011. CTA officials claim the letter was sent but have not provided the Campaign with a copy for our records.
For over a month, CTA has ignored the Campaign’s requests for a copy of the letter they sent to the FTA.
What do they have to hide?
Tell CTA to send LVEJO a copy of their
31st Street Bus letter to the FTA!
CALL AND EMAIL
CTA VP of Legislative Affairs
Phone: (312) 681-2710
CTA: ¡Dénos la carta!
CTA debía de haber enviado una carta a la FTA – la Administración Federal de Transportes – pidiendo mantener los fondos para la ruta de autobús la calle 31. Debían enviarla antes del 30 de septiembre 2011. Oficiales de CTA afirman que la carta fue enviada, pero no le han proporcionado a la campaña una copia para nuestros archivos.
Durante más de un mes, CTA ha ignorado las peticiones de LVEJO de una copia de la carta que enviaron a la FTA.
¿Qué tienen que esconder?
Díle a CTA mandarle a LVEJO una copia de us carta sobre el Autobús de la Calle 31 a la FTA!
LLAMEN Y ESCRIBAN A
CTA Vice Presidenta de Asuntos Legislativos Teléfono: (312) 681-2710
Transit Riders & Drivers Unite!
Take back our Transit System!
It’s budget time again, and CTA officials are back at it – trying to drive a wedge between transit workers and the riding public. In 2010, CTA passed another Doomsday, chopping over 1000 transit jobs, almost 1/5th of bus service and 9 express bus routes!
In a replay of 2010, CTA President Forrest Claypool is trying to blame recurring deficits on front-line workers. He says if the union doesn’t take concessions, fares go up, service might get cut.
But we won’t be fooled! Bus drivers and rail operators ensure the system keeps running as best it can with the resources it has. CTA’s budget problems were caused by decades of disinvestment, mismanagement and abuse. For example, Crain’s Chicago Business exposed Theresa Mintle, a cousin of Daley who used to work at CTA’s main office. Now Mayor Rahm’s Chief of Staff, Theresa Mintle helped enact a special early-retirement plan at CTA that entitled her to a $65,000 annual pension after just 8 years of service!
Now as the 1% of corporate America and political cronies enjoy bailouts and bonus pay, the rest of us are told we must make sacrifices. CTA Doomsdays are now part and parcel of the broader trend of school closings, post office shutdowns, reduced library hours, and rising costs of living for the poorest among us.
This will only stop if we build organization and movement to fight back. And people are. The Campaign for the 31st Street Bus is working to restore service on a street that CTA has all but forgotten. We secured over $1 million toward a new crosstown bus route.
We are organizing to gain the respect and bus service we deserve.
You can join us.
For more info (773)762-6991, publictransit[at]lvejo[dot]org
Find CTA31 on Facebook