LVEJO is seeking a
economic, and social
justice to become our
For more details,
Recent CPT Posts
- 31st Street Bus Will Begin Running September 2nd! – Si Se Puede, Si Se Quiere
- Little Village’s Route to Success!
- Internship: Community Organizer sought!
- Packed house at CTA’s second Budget Hearing
- Occupy Chicago, El Barrio And Public Transit
- Register for FTA Civil Rights Workshops Nov 15,16,17
- Kim Wasserman One of Six Grassroots Heroes to Win $150,000 Goldman Environmental Prize
- LVEJO’s successful grassroots organizing against the Fisk and Crawford coal plants resulted in their closure 2012.
- Our next campaign: Redeveloping land to create parks, open spaces, and urban agriculture for our communities
- “My name is Peter” Clean Air Campaign draws wide attention
CPT Member Log-in
Category Archives: Public Transportation
Members of the public cheered as the emphatic Dr. Lora Chamberlain addressed President Forrest Claypool, Chairman Terry Peterson, and the rest of the CTA board at Monday night’s public budget hearing. Dr. Lora raised her arms over her head to emphasize her statement, “Bus Rapid Transit is a bad idea!” Most all of the room broke out into applause. The spokeswoman urged the board to rethink the projected reconstruction of Ashland and Western. Before she was ushered aside, Dr. Lora called on the board to build strong cooperation with unions. The CTA board secretary directed the next speaker to the stand, and this cycling of speakers continued until 8:00 PM. Continue reading
This post is a part of the “What Democracy Looks Like” weekly column, which covers left-wing movements and activism. Formerly known as “The Active Left.”
Occupy Wall Street and the rest of the Occupy Together chapters have been calling for everyone in the 99 percent to come together and have also tried to grow a more diverse movement.
Here in Chicago, two very successful events might have helped out in both those regards. Continue reading